The Fountain Of Mutes

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Spirituality, Pretentiousness, And Black Leather

I need your help. It isn't that I need to be told what to do, and how to do it, but I want to know why? Why should I bother trying? When I look to the past, I see the end. Life from before no longer lives and I'm not sure that life from today deserves to see tomorrow. The end of time edges closer with each day, and yet people get millions of dollars to make life easier. An easy life makes death look bad. In actuality, death is the purpose of life. Lust of life is the worst kind of greed. By forcing a longer life, one can then deny a more deserving person of a life. Remember when lives lasted a few short years? Now people live so long that they begin to think, and wonder what if? And, how? Environmentally, this world is about to shatter and that is not fair. We are a modern day dinosaur. A species waiting to be eliminated. Our problem is that we want to take the planet with us. What does all of this mean? Am I just angry, or venting? We can't just talk! Kids grow up saying things such as, "I want peace!" "We must recycle!" And, "I want peace, love, and happiness!" Me personally, If I could have anything, it would be a shiny red car. But that is just me!

--this was from a note I found dated June 24th, 1993. I wrote the note, but I am not really sure of it's meaning. I know that the ending is still very much the person I am. It is sort of a humorous take on the notion that people just speak, and their words mean so much less than their actions. I still believe that we are a species that takes itself far too seriously. I have never really been all that interested in a red car though. Weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

everyone shud own a red car. at least once. 8)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home