The Fountain Of Mutes

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Turning The Tables On Life

There is something remarkably soothing about listening to an old record. The intimacy of placing the stylus into the grooves, the warmth of the tones, the anticipation of hearing the needle scratch it's way toward that first note. I find myself up late at night listening to music that I have no desire to play on a cd. I don't know if it is the process of playing the record, or the simple nostalgia of the music itself. There has not been much in my life of late that has felt better than spinning the black circles of sound. I have listened to hard rock, country music, classic rock, and even a few Bill Cosby comedy albums. I lay in the dark, with the candle's dancing shadow on my wall. Some moments I ache to share this experience with everyone I know, and then the next moment, I am so content that I completely forget there is a world around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home